Dedicated To Your Rights, Our Clients And Our Community
Renée C. Hill
- Criminal Defense
Renée C. Hill is an extremely accomplished trial attorney who has been defending clients from all walks of life for over twenty-five years. Throughout the boroughs of New York City, Westchester County and Orange County, Ms. Hill has tried over one hundred cases including several high-profile matters, ranging from homicides to minor assaults.
Some of her clientele include persons in the entertainment industry and radio personalities. Ms. Hill began her career as a Criminal Defense Attorney in 1992 when she became an associate with The Law Offices of Murray Richman. Under Mr. Richman's tutelage, she honed her trial skills and courtroom presence which led to her achieving excellent results for her clients. She quickly became recognized as a fierce adversary certainly, one to be reckoned with and amongst friends, she was nicknamed the "Queen of the Bronx". Having caught the attention of many of her colleagues, she was named as one of the "top hot new attorneys in the Criminal Justice area" by the New York Post (November 26, 2000).
In late, 2011, Ms. Hill partnered with Stacey Richman, Esq. to form Richman Hill & Associates, PLLC. Ms. Hill also served as the Acting Justice of the Village of Harriman Court from September, 2008 to April, 2015. Ms. Hill appears regularly as a guest on Court TV providing legal commentary on the most relevant cases occurring around the country. She has lectured for a number of Continuing Legal Education panels for various associations and has been a guest speaker for the At The Well Conferences speaking to young women in the Leadership Academy at Princeton University.
- St. John's University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate - 1992
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1989
- Major: Legal Studies
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2014
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Bronx County Bar Association, 2nd Vice President
- Bronx Women’s Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Black Bar Association of Bronx County, Past President
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Delegate for the New York State Bar Association House of Delegates
- Fellow of the New York Bar Foundation